Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

My daughter will be handing these out today in her Kindergarten class.  I have to admit, it was a fun little project for us to do together and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.  She helped with the design idea and wrote out the names of all her classmates and teachers, in addition to writing her name 25 times.  I wrote to and from 25 times, punched 50 scalloped circles, punched 25 pink circles, punched 25 white circles and then stamped a sentiment and heart on each white circle.  Then I glued them all together after my daughter chose a pencil for each person.  The packaging for each pencil is a 1" by 8" cellophane bag that has a peel and stick flap and we picked up the pencils at a local party store. 

I hope your Valentine's Day is incredibly enjoyable.  With my hubby still out of town, it will be my daughter and I celebrating tonight.  She has already asked to have Funfetti Pancakes for dinner.  I'll have to justify that will some sausage, eggs and cantaloupe. Wish me luck!

Details - Stamps: Love Notes (Verve); Paper: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White; Ink: Real Red, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Scalloped circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1x8 cello bags, scor-tape.

2 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very sweet Valentine's gift idea! Looks like you had fun :)

nwilliams6 said...

What a great idea - these will go over so well and be so different. Those kids could remember these forever. I still remember a sucker Valentine I got in the third grade - may have actually been the boy who gave it to me that made it special, but I still remember it!