Thursday, February 2, 2012

January's Christmas Cards

I play along with the Christmas Card Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I pledged to make 10 cards a month.  It really works great for me when it comes down to November and December.  So for the month of January, I made five of one style and five of another.  I had originally intended to make all ten cards like the one on the left, a Fall To Layout.  Soon after I began production of the cards, I realized that I would not have enough designer paper.  So....I opted to make a different style of card, a second Fall To Layout, and still use the same designer paper.  I guess these are a little bit non-traditional in color, but I like them.  

I colored my Christmas tree with Copic and Touch Twin markers.  I think I am really in the beginning of my learning curve about how to color with markers.   I am signed up to go to a Copic class on Saturday and I am really looking forward it.  I have a couple of books that I have browsed through with regard to coloring and I am planning on brushing up with them before class on Saturday.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday.  It's a sunny day and I am loving it.  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Sidekick Sayings, Christmas Greetings; Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Jillibean soup dsp; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copics, Nestabilities, circle punch, star punch, paper snips, Snowflakes #8 ef, stampin' dimensionals, scallop border punch, Sakura clear star gel pen.

1 comment:

Benzi said...

I saw these on my dashboard and had to take a peek. Gosh, you are very smart to be doing these now. I love them and the colors you chose. They're awesome!