Saturday, July 24, 2010

And Some More Dirt!

It's been a while since I have made one of these junior legal pad folios.  Covering the notepad takes very little time, but coming up with the design is a bit more time consuming.  I have a hard time covering  the larger surface.  Don't know why??  Probably the same reason that creating bulletin boards at work is the bane of my school existence. 

Anyhow, this was created for Debbie's Dare To Get Dirty challenge on SCS.  It also qualifies for the CAS-tastic challenge this week to be inspired by summer!  Summer time and seashells go hand in hand.  I have long since sold this seashell set, but stamped a few images before I let it go.  I water colored these babies, cut them out and popped them up on the cover of my notepad.  A click on the picture will reveal some background stamping I did to prevent my notepad from looking too flat.  I intended the background to look a bit like sand.  How did I do?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Seaside, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Time to Enjoy (Hero Arts); Paper: Kraft, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla; Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Creamy Caramel, Groovy Guava, Regal Rose; Accessories: Nestabilities, mat pack, piercing tool, aquapainter, stampin' dimensionals, paper snips; Techniques: CAS, watercoloring, paper piercing.

4 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this gorgeous altered notepad! So beautifully stamped ... and I love that Hero Arts sentiment!

Karen B. said...

I think you did one amazing lovely detailed job! This is a great idea and so perfect for summer! What beautiful coloring and stamping as well.

Fiona said...

Hi Toni,
Wondering if you are the same Toni Storie that has Teedie for a M-I-L?
Would love to hear if you are!
Fab card BTW.

Fiona x

Fiona said...

Hi again Toni,
Since I left that last comment I've been looking at your lovely blog and discovered for myself that you were Teedie's D-I-L. I saw the card that she sent my mum for her birthday!
My parents were neighbours of Teedie and Bill about 20 years ago. If you email me, I'll explain further.

Fiona x