Monday, July 12, 2010

CAS Monday - Debossing Style


So the CAS challenge this week is really about dry embossing, but I am twisted and warped and made it about debossing (with this sample that Denise posted for the challenge).  I think I am technically in the clear because of how I explained it.  I embossed the white card stock and then flipped it over and hit it with a brayer.  So the image that shows up after brayering is the debossed flower image from the embossing folder.  I left it distressed looking because that is the best kind of brayering that I can do!  I tried brayering over a whole embossing folder image, but that didn't look very clean to me.  I liked how it looked, but it just didn't seem to fit the CAS style.  (Look out for that card coming up soon!) Instead, I carefully trimmed out one flower to mat and pop up against a neutral card stock.  I opted for kraft and I think I made a good choice!  Love the green and kraft together.  No real place for a sentiment on my image, so I went with a small tag.

I'm keeping myself distract these days as my little one is trying to give up her nap and is frustrating me to no end!

Hope you are having a good day and thanks for stopping by!

Details -  Stamps: Taglines (Flourishes); Paper: Kraft, Certainly Celery, Whisper White; Ink: Certainly Celery; Accessories: Stylized Flowers embossing folder, brayer, white taffeta, linen thread, SU tag sheet, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dot.

No comments: