Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Little Fruit Fun

Here is another sample card from this week's CAS sketch challenge.  The sketch is based on a card I made a couple of months ago.  I titled this new card "Cherry Buttons", after the base color Cherry Cobbler.  It's a new SU color released on July 1st.  I fiddled around with colors to pair it with and landed on Always Artichoke.  It's such a rich pairing that I stayed with it.  I just happened to have an abundance of those cherry colored buttons in my stash, so I created the horizontal layer with them. 

I dont' know about anyone else, but I am up to my elbows in fruit these days.  Right now it is raspberries and blueberries.  Later on comes peaches, plums and blackberries for me.  Hopefully my crafting won't suffer for all my canning and freezing!

Have a fabulous day!

Details - Stamps: Watercolor Trio; Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Always Artichoke textured; Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Versamark; Accessories: Top Note die, buttons from my stash, white embroidery thread, mini glue dots.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour combo you've put together.

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY! The buttons are a GREAT detail!