Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dirty Little Butterflies

I whipped up this card yesterday afternoon while pondering how to start the Dare To Get Dirty challenges.  This one is for Ryann Salamon's challenge and you can find it here (if you are a Fan Club member).  I also used this week's Fall To Layout from the clean and simple stamping blog and the colors from yesterday's color challenge on SCS.  That is where the "dirty" comes in.  I sponged my colors on my butterflies and they seemed to get kind of muddy or maybe it was that I had used the sponge dauber to sponge black that last time, hmmm?  Not sure which is the reason, but the colors muddied and I liked them. 

The last challenge is a  Ready, Set, Stamp challenge from Julee at Verve!  Finally, I have a stamp set that she has chosen for the challenge.  I love these butterflies, but chose to leave off their antennae today.  And I use this sentiment more than any other Verve sentiment I own!

I have a feeling that today is going to be a stampy kind of day!  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Welcome Neighbor dsp; Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Basic Black, Peach Parfait, Regal Rose; Accessories: sponge dauber, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals, vanilla shimmer mist.

3 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

This is so pretty with those wonderful butterflies!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, nice take on the sketch! TFS
Cheers, Karen
www.alteredscrapbooking.com

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling! Love your "muddy" butterflies. :) Thanks for playing! :)